180nutrition.com.au Our awesome guest today is Dr. Peter Brukner who is currently the team doctor for the Australian cricket team.
His impressive resume includes being team doctor to four Australian national teams – swimming, hockey, athletics and soccer. He has also worked with professional AFL and English Premier League teams such as Liverpool FC, experienced US college sport at Stanford and been part of Olympic, Commonwealth and World Uni Games as well as numerous World Championships.
In this episode we talk about:
- Peter’s journey from a low-fat to a high-fat diet
- Why many of the Australian cricketers have adopted this style of eating
- How it’s reduced injury risk and improved recovery
- Why starving yourself to drop weight is not the way forward
- When we should be applying a low carb’ strategy to improve health
- Peter’s appearance in Cereal Killers 2 Movie: Run On Fat
- And much much more…
Read full transcript: http://180nutrition.com.au/?p=18614